Friday 10 July 2009

DataStream Advance crashes Excel 2007

Hi,

Today I had an issue with the application called DataStream Advance 4.0 by Thomson. It is a financial application used for some real time queries of the financial data.

So here is the situation, one of the clients installed this application on his PC and added the Advance add-in into his Excel 2007. After this, his Excel started crashing on exit, I mean whenever he was trying to close Excel 2007 it was crashing and was trying to send a report to Microsoft.

Eventually I have found out that the crash was caused by incompatibility of Advance DataStream 4.0 and Service Pack 2 for MS Office 2007. The only thing that helped is un-installation of the Service Pack 2. (how to uninstall Office 2007 SP2)

Let's hope the next version of Advance DataStream will be compatible with the SP2 for Office 2007.

I have tried to find a solution to this issue on the internet, but there was nothing, so I decided to put it in my blog in case if anybody will have a similar problem.

Good luck,

Kudrat

No comments:

Post a Comment

3